Bride and Groom’s names: Cambrie & Alex Gagliardi
– How did he propose? He proposed at parent’s house while the entire family was sitting at the table playing a game. I was sitting down, and he was standing behind me, and all of a sudden I feel him slip a tiny little object into my hand. He then whispered in my ear, “Will you marry me?” I couldn’t help but scream when I opened my hand to find the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. Of course, I said yes and the whole family was there to experience that special moment.
– Tell us about your venue and why you chose it: We got married on Lookout Mountain at the Fairyland Club. We chose this venue because our wedding was in December and we wanted something that was elegant, yet festive for the Holiday Season. The venue helped us a lot by providing a huge Christmas tree and beautiful wreaths on all of the windows. The night sky was completely clear, so our guests had vistas of the city during the cocktail hour on the veranda.
– What was your favorite and least favorite part about the wedding planning process? Favorite: picking out a dress with my mom, stepmom, mother-in-law and two grandmothers at Monica’s. Surprisingly, we avoided any conflict that typically comes with a group full of opinionated women, and all agreed on the same dress (picked out by my soon-to-be mother-in-law). Least Favorite: Working a full-time job while planning all of the wedding details. I did save a lot of stress by ordering most of my decorations online from the comfort of my work desk. 🙂
– Any advice for other brides planning their big day? Don’t try and be a perfectionist. There are so many details that will pull you in 1,000 different directions, but stay headstrong, and remember the most important thing is the agreement that you’re making between you and your husband. Try and accept the imperfect things that WILL happen on and before your wedding day. Even if they aren’t what you expected, they are part of you and your future-husband’s story, so they are beautiful for that reason. The things that do turn out better than expected, will then just be appreciated that much more.
– What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
Walking down the aisle. My stepdad walked my down halfway, and then my father took me to the alter. It was an emotional time for all of us, and probably one of the most powerful moments of my life.