Bride and Groom’s names: Valerie and Brent Toon
– How did he propose? In our living room as we were fixing to leave to go to Costco. He was so nervous and kept saying “I’m so nervous” as he fumbled through the closet. And I was so confused – I couldn’t understand why going to Costco was making him so nervous. He then came over to the top of the stairs and explained how he had thought of all the elaborate ways he could have proposed but that he had decided in that moment that it would be best to ask me “in the house that we worked so hard to buy, in the house where we would start our family, in our home that we had grown closer as a couple and spent much of our time together just being us.” He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I laughed and said “no – I mean yes! But really I’m wearing a Hooters t-shirt and holding a Costco receipt and that’s when you wanna ask.”
– Tell us about your venue and why you chose it: We got married at the Church on Main. We loved the venue because of the slight industrial feel to the brick but also the simple beauty. We added some draping and more industrial lighting with a 13 foot chandelier from Decor 1601. We felt the draping and the brick made for the perfect backdrop for our urban chic wedding.
– What was your favorite and least favorite part about the wedding planning process? I pretty much wanted the whole thing to be done. I didn’t care about all the minor details (but I also wanted a beautiful wedding). I am a terrible decision maker – so I wanted someone to just make all the decisions for me. My favorite part was probably tasting cake (not that I could decide on which kind – we had 3 different flavors in one cake!).
– Any advice for other brides planning their big day? Elope. LOL, just kidding. Enjoy the day. It goes by so fast. Don’t sweat the little things. Most of the time you won’t even know there is a problem going on.
– What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Exchanging vows with my husband. Taking the time to listen to the promises you are making to each other. Being absolutely terrified and still taking the leap together
Photography: Life With a View Studio