– Real Bride & Groom’s Names: Lauren and Chancz McGee
– How did he propose? We went on a hike and told me he had a rock in his shoe and wanted me to pull off his shoe to find the rock. Well when I pulled off his shoe I saw the ring and immediately started crying. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. It was so sweet and perfect!
– Tell us about your venue and why you chose it: We got married at Patten Chapel and had our reception at The Venue. We chose Patten Chapel because we both wanted to get married in a church and we fell in love with beauty of the chapel. We chose The Venue because we loved how open floor plan was and that there would be a lot of room for dancing (I love to dance so that was a must for me). We loved that The Venue included the tables and the chairs, and that they had farm tables to mix in with the round tables.
– What was your favorite and least favorite part about the wedding planning process? My favorite part of the wedding planning process was getting to pick out the flowers, colors, decor, and food. I really didn’t have a least favorite part of the wedding process. We had a lot of fun planning and enjoyed being able to pick out everything, but we are very glad that the wedding is behind us!
– Any advice for other brides planning their big day? My biggest advice to all brides is to get a day of planner! Kate Courtney was our day of planner and she did a great job! She helped with finding different vendors and was there to help make sure we didn’t forget anything. I was able to enjoy my wedding day without worrying or stressing that someone wasn’t going to show up because Kate handled all of that.
– What was your favorite part of your wedding day? My favorite part of my wedding day was seeing Chancz’s reaction to seeing me for the first time when I walked down the aisle.
Photography by Howell Photography