– Real Bride & Groom’s Names: Beverly & Hunt Jennings
– How did he propose? Hunt proposed at Lula Lake Falls on Easter Sunday. On Easter Sunday Hunt and I had agreed to spend time with our own families so I wasn’t expecting to see him that day. After church and lunch with my family I agreed to go for a hike with my sister Olivia. She took me on a hike I had never been on and we started at the bottom of Lookout Mountain and hiked to what I eventually recognized as Lula Lake Land Trust. Knowing that this was private property I insisted we leave, but Olivia convinced me to take a quick peak at the waterfall before we left. We quickly scrambled down the path to the foot of the waterfall where I began to make out a figure in the distance – it was Hunt! What was he doing there? I thought he was with his family for Easter? As I walked towards Hunt beneath the waterfall, I began to piece the whole thing together. Hunt proposed beneath the waterfall that afternoon, and then our friends and siblings slowly appeared out of the trees as they continued to take pictures. Our friends and family were all gathered down the road at the Canyon Grill for dinner and celebration.
– Tell us about your venue and why you chose it: Hunt and I got married at the Tennessee RiverPlace. We chose this venue, not only because it was beautiful, but also because it sat at the bottom of Elder Mountain where Hunt and I both grew up and met. The venue was also on the Tennessee River which was significant for us do to our shared love of water and the outdoors.
– What was your favorite and least favorite part about the wedding planning process? My favorite parts were picking out the colors, dresses and flowers, hand painting signs, and designing the table decor and arranging flowers with the florist and bridesmaids. Least favorite part of wedding planning was picking a budget and sticking to it, while also trying to make the day of our dreams a reality.
– Any advice for other brides planning their big day? My first piece of advice would be to pick a budget and discuss it with all parties that are financially involved. This is important because throughout the process there will be so many decisions and it is important that everyone be on the same page regarding how much you are willing to spend. My second piece of advice is to prioritize your wedding day “wants” and decide what is very important to you and what you’re willing to compromise. My last bit of advice is to enjoy the process! There are so many fun decisions and you are creating the best day of your life – enjoy it! Everything may not go as planned, but it will be perfect.
– What was your favorite part of your wedding day? One of my favorite parts of my wedding day was right after we finished the ceremony and all of our nerves were gone and we were finally Mr. and Mrs. Hunt Jennings! One of my other favorite moments was taking pictures with Hunt right after the ceremony – it was just me and him and we truly got to soak in the amazing day. Lastly, I so enjoyed our reception – from our very first dance together to dancing and having fun with our guests. Everything was an absolute dream!
Photography by Eden Ingle Photo