Bride and Groom’s names: Haley and Calvin Kidd
– How did he propose? Calvin proposed in Coolidge Park one evening. We were taking pictures with a friend who was a photographer. Calvin told me that our friend had asked to take our picture so he could add to his portfolio, but Calvin had actually been planning to propose.
– Tell us about your venue and why you chose it: We got married at The Barn at Drewia Hill. We looked at a lot of venues, but we eventually chose Drewia Hill because it just seemed to have everything we were looking for. It was a great price, it was beautiful, it was outside, and we could see ourselves getting married there.
– What was your favorite and least favorite part about the wedding planning process? The hardest part about planning the wedding was budgeting time and money. It was very time consuming and expensive since Calvin and I were both still in school. However, we had some great friends and family to help us with it all. The best part was doing it all together. We tried to visit all the vendors together and make all decisions together, which made it much more fun.
– Any advice for other brides planning their big day? My advice for future brides would be make planning a fun experience. Do it with your friends and partner because it makes it more fun!
– What was your favorite part of your wedding day? My favorite memory from our wedding day is when our DJ announced the wedding party. We all did fun goofy dances into the reception which represents how fun and silly we are as a couple.